[Users] [QE] oVirt 3.4.0 alpha / beta status

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 09:16:40 UTC 2014

Hi,
oVirt 3.4.0 alpha has been released and is actually on QA.
An issue has been found in VDSM so we have updated the packages in alpha repositories for Fedora.
We had an issue with nightly build for EL6 packages yesterday so EL6 repository is not yet updated.
We'll try to sync it today, I'm sorry for the inconvenient.
We'll start composing oVirt 3.4.0 beta on 2014-01-20 14:00 UTC from 3.4 branches.

The bug tracker [1] shows the following bugs blocking the release:
Whiteboard	Bug ID	Summary
gluster		1038988	Gluster brick sync does not work when host has multiple interfaces
integration	1054080 gracefully warn about unsupported upgrade from legacy releases
network		1054195	[NetworkLabels] Attaching two labeled networks to a cluster result in failure of the latter

There are still 280 bugs [2] targeted to 3.4.0.
Excluding node and documentation bugs we still have 237 bugs [3] targeted to 3.4.0.
Please review them as soon as possible.

Maintainers:
- Please remember to rebuild your packages before 2014-01-21 12:00 UTC if you want them to be included in 3.4.0 beta.
- Please add the bugs to the tracker if you think that 3.4.0 should not be released without them fixed.
- Please provide ETA on blockers bugs
- Please update the target to 3.4.1 or any next release for bugs that won't be in 3.4.0:
  it will ease gathering the blocking bugs for next releases.
- Please fill release notes, the page has been created here [4]
- Please update http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.4_TestDay before 2014-01-23

For those who want to help testing the bugs, I suggest to add yourself as QA contact for the bug.
Please also be prepared for upcoming oVirt 3.4.0 Test Day on 2014-01-23!
Thanks to all people already testing 3.4.0 alpha!

[1] https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1024889
[2] http://red.ht/1eIRZXM
[3] http://red.ht/1auBU3r
[4] http://www.ovirt.org/OVirt_3.4.0_release_notes