[Users] oVirt Node ISO for oVirt 3.3 - Draft image for testing

Fabian Deutsch fabiand at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 11:07:52 UTC 2014

Hey,

as many of you have noticed there wasn't any well working oVirt Node ISO
around for oVirt 3.3.
To get this ball rolling again I've put together a draft image of ALPHA
quality. It contains many fixes some of us have been working on over the
last weeks.

- Source & ISO -
To not drown Jenkins in a hell-of-a-patch-queue I've pushed the patches to

https://github.com/fabiand/ovirt-node/tree/teamsync

The ISO built from that patchset can be found here:

http://fedorapeople.org/~fabiand/node/3.0.4/ovirt-node-iso-3.0.3-0.999.201401170926draft.vdsm.el6.iso

Please test this draft image and provide feedback on how it works for
you.
If you encounter problems - and you probably will - please take a look
here on how to debug them:

http://www.ovirt.org/Node_Troubleshooting

- Important Notes -
SELinux: Boot this alpha image with enforcing=0 to log potential
denials, but not block the calls. To fix those denials permanently
please attach your /var/log/audit/audit.log to a bug in bugzilla.

Known problems:
- Exception is raised after registration to Engine
- Many bond devices are show on network page
- Denials appear in /var/log/audit/audit.log

And don't hesitate to reach out to us if you want to get more involved
with Node.

- fabian