[Users] Searching for VMs with snapshots

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 14:54:14 UTC 2014

On 01/17/2014 10:56 AM, noc wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I would like to see, in the webui, all VMs that have snapshots attached
> to them but I'm not able to construct a search that will work. For one
> thing there is no 'Snapshot' category so I think that it will be
> impossible.
> The use case is that I would like to have a way to see, in the webui,
> which VMs are running stateless, accidents happen :-( .

having a snapshot doesn't mean they are stateless. the snapshot could be
persistent as well - it is only temporary if you started the vm in
stateless mode, or a vm from an 'automatic' vm pool type.

the search indeed doesn't currently support these properties, you can
open a BZ RFE for asking to add.
in the meantime, you can script this via the cli or sdk