[Users] SPICE on OSX

cfergeau at redhat.com cfergeau at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 15:25:44 UTC 2014

Hey,

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 02:49:42PM +0000, Karli Sjöberg wrote:
> On Fri, 2014-01-17 at 15:39 +0100, Juan Hernandez wrote:
> > On 01/17/2014 03:14 PM, Karli Sjöberg wrote:
> > > Hi Juan!
> > >
> > > I´ve read a post you made about packaging Remote-Viewer for OS X. I
> > > tested extracting and running this[1] package on a 10.7.5 machine,
> > > logging in to our webadmin portal with Firefox, clicking for console on
> > > a VM, remote-viewer starts up but doesn´t seems to load the console.vv
> > > file (the VM´s console never shows up). Is it something I´m missing?
> > >
> > > oVirt 3.3.1-2.el6
> > >
> > > [1]
> > > http://people.freedesktop.org/~teuf/spice-gtk-osx/dmg/0.5.7/RemoteViewer-0.5.7-1.dmg
> > >
> So Christophe, is there anything more needed to make Remote-Viewer show
> my VM´s console in OS X? I mean, the application works, it starts up
> just fine, it just doesn´t show my VM´s console window...

Yes this is a known issue, if you start remote-viewer foo.vv from a
terminal, it should connect. When started from a browser, the filename is
not passed in the same way as if the program was started from the command
line, and this is very specific to OSX, so this bit is not implemented.
remote-viewer patches to add support for this are very welcome ;)

Christophe