[Users] What's the correct way to upload a VM ISO image?

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Fri Jan 17 22:26:02 UTC 2014

On 01/16/2014 08:38 PM, Joop wrote:
> David Li wrote:
>> What you described makes sense to me!
>>
>> Now I tried the second time after rebooting everything:
>>
>> engine-iso-uploader upload -v -i ISO_DOMAIN
>> CentOS-6.4-x86_64-netinstall.iso &
>>
> It could be me, but doesn't engine-iso-uploader ask for the admin
> password to be able to upload? but how are you going to input that with
> the '&' at the end of your commandline?
> I bet if you do ps -ef | grep engine-iso you will find you process still
> waiting for you to type the password.

actually no.
it asks for the admin password to get the nfs path from ovirt-engine (if
you just give the domain name), and to ask the engine to refresh the iso
domain (which would happen after 5 minutes as well).

you can upload iso images without the engine password as well if you use
the full nfs path.