[Users] engine reports and dwh setup in 3.3.2

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 17 22:32:36 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:

> engine web admin available and reportsportal  too
> but the password set up during first broken install for ovirt-admin
> user doesn't work
>
> Invalid credentials supplied.
>
> Could not login to JasperReports Server.
>
> Any hints on how to solve? Manually change in Postgres?

Ok, digging into /bin/ovirt-engine-reports-setup I see that actually
the password is written in clear text inside file
/usr/share/ovirt-engine-reports/reports/users/ovirt-002dadmin.xml

Not a great security choice, also because the file is currently
readable by everyone on the system (and "rpm -qVv" doesn't complain
about its permissions).
I was then able to connect to reports portal and to see some output reports...

Gianluca