[Users] Issues starting hosted engine VM

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Sat Jan 18 11:23:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

With the great help from sbonazzo, I managed to step past the initial bug
with the hosted-engine-setup but appear to have run into another show
stopper.

I ran through the install process successfully up to the stage where it
completed and the engine VM was to be shutdown. (The engine has already
been installed on the VM and the host has been connected to the engine).

The issue starts here that the host finds itself not able to start the VM
up again.

VDSM Logs: http://www.fpaste.org/69592/00427141/
ovirt-hosted-engine-ha agent.log http://www.fpaste.org/69595/43609139/

It seems to keep failing to start the VM.. when I restart the agent I can
see the score drop to 0 after 3 boot attempts.  The interesting thing seems
to be in the VDSM Logs "'Virtual machine does not exist', 'code': 1}}"

I'm not sure where else to look. Suggestions?

Cheers,

Andrew