[Users] engine-iso-uploader -- REST API not usable?

Juan Hernandez jhernand at redhat.com
Sat Jan 18 20:12:57 UTC 2014

On 01/18/2014 07:49 PM, Ted Miller wrote:
> I ran into this problem when I tried to use engine-iso-uploader, but
> reading on the lists makes it sound like it may be a more general
> problem.  There was a bug that caused this, but that was back in the
> ver. 3.0/3.1 days, and doesn't seem common since then.
>
> Back on Dec 24 I was able to upload an ISO file OK, so I am not sure
> what has changed since then.
>
> I am running a test setup, fully up to date:
> office2a  host w/ glusterfs Centos 6
> office4a  host w/ glusterfs Centos 6
> ov-eng01 engine on Centos 6 VM (not hosted on oVirt)
> office9  KVM host (not oVirt) for ov-eng01
>
> whether I log in to ov-eng01 by ssh or execute the command from the
> console, I get:
>
> # engine-iso-uploader list -v
> Please provide the REST API password for the admin at internal oVirt Engine
> user (CTRL+D to abort):
> ERROR: Problem connecting to the REST API.  Is the service available and
> does the CA certificate exist?
>
> checking on some things suggested on a thread about engine-iso-uploader
> back in March, I get:
>
> # ls -la /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem
> -rw-r--r--. 1 root root 4569 Nov 10 15:13 /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem
>
> # cat
> /var/log/ovirt-engine/ovirt-iso-uploader/ovirt-iso-uploader/20140117112938.log
> 2014-01-17 11:29:44::ERROR::engine-iso-uploader::512::root:: Problem
> connecting to the REST API.  Is the service available and does the CA
> certificate exist?
>
> The thread back in March gave a work-around to upload ISO images
> directly, so I am not "blocked" from uploading images, but I would like
> to get things working "right", as I am afraid the problem will "turn
> around and bite me" down the road.
>
> Ted Miller

To discard an actual problem with the REST API I would suggest you to
run the following command, from the same machine:

# curl \
--cacert /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/ca.pem \
--user admin at internal:your_password \
https://your_host/api

This should give you a XML document containing the entry point of the
API, something like this:

<api>
</api>

I would also suggest to check the /etc/ovirt-engine/isouploader.conf
file, as you may have changed something there in the past.

3ºD, 28016 Madrid, Spain