[Users] Vm's being paused

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Mon Jan 20 14:10:30 UTC 2014

On Jan 20, 2014, at 15:03 , Sven Kieske <S.Kieske at mittwald.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this shouldn't happen imho.
>
> If the VM writes faster than the virtual disk can grow I
> would expect the hypervisor to slow down the writing
> instead of throwing errors?

we extend before run out of space so it should not really happen in real life, not in reasonable setups.
unlike the out of space scenario where there's little we can do, just pause.

the threshold for growing the space can be change…or simply use preallocated disks if the performance is so bad and VM demands so high.

Thanks
michal