[Users] online storage domain resize

Jiří Sléžka jiri.slezka at slu.cz
Mon Jan 20 14:57:34 UTC 2014

Hello,

I'm just curious and I didn't try it already. I'm using FC storage (Dell
MD3620f) with some logical disks on it. I should be able online increase
virtual disk capacity using storage management (I have some free
capacity on disk group).

Is there any way to on-line extend volume group used for vm's images
storage and don't break anything?

I just found this hint by Eduardo from list

1. Shutdown all VMs
2. Manually connect iscsi on the SPM host
3. Run pvresize on the LUN
4. Put the domain in maintenance
5. Activate the domains

Is it possible to do this on-line without shutting down all vms? If not,
it could be really nice feature for oncoming releases.

Thanks in advance

Jiri