[Users] VoIP on virtual infrastructure and oVirt in particular

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Tue Jan 21 03:24:07 UTC 2014

I cannot speak to oVirt in particular, but I run a Elastix PBX on my
Xen server at home (soon to be replaced by oVirt).  It is very lightly
used (just my wife and I) but I have had no problems with it.

The company I work for runs our PBX (trixbox) off a VMware cluster in
our colo.  It consists of about 4 servers (hosts) with about 16
running VMS.  We just recently switched to full VoIP, but prior to
that we were using a PRI card that was accessible over IP (similar to
using something like a SPA-3000 for connecting one's analog home line
via Asterisk/Elastix -- which I currently do on my home setup).  We
did not experience any performance issues under this setup (and
currently do not with our all-VoIP config)

I hope this helps.

-Alan