[Users] oVirt Node Bootloader issue

Nauman Abbas nauman.abbas at seecs.edu.pk
Tue Jan 21 06:33:35 UTC 2014

Hello there

I'm facing this problem and this has happened to me multiple times on
different machines. I have two hard drives in my system (lets say HDD A and
HDD B). I boot the system from the oVirt node CD to install it. Now I want
the bootloader and the node installation both to go on HDD B and not HDD A.
When I get to the screen which asks me to select the hard-drive for
bootloader I use the arrow keys to select HDD B and press Enter (have also
tried pressing space or just use tab and continue while it's selected).
Then I get to the screen asking where to install the node. I select HDD B
and unselect HDD A. I keep the partitioning setup as default ( have also
tried manual and kept 5GB unused on HDD A). When I get to install part. It
installs the node fine on HDD B as expected but it always gets the
boot-loader on HDD A. This issue has wasted many of my days on different
machines and I can't seem to find a way around.

Nauman Abbas
Assistant System Administrator (LMS),
Room No. A-207, SEECS,
National University of Sciences & Technology,
+ 92 321 5359946