[Users] Change bootdisk from IDE to virtio

Markus Stockhausen stockhausen at collogia.de
Tue Jan 21 16:41:52 UTC 2014

Maybe I should explain the idea behind it in more detail. I want to
configure a VM in a way that I can boot it from a disk that may be
a Virtio or an IDE device.

So: make everything ready in the IDE world, and restart the machine
in the Virtio world. No CD, no interest in further configuration. The
only place wihtout an UUID is the file /boot/grub/device.map that reads

(hd0)   /dev/sda

But I cannot change it as only partitions have an UUID and grub does
not see a /dev/vda yet. Am I going totally wrong with my idea?

Markus