[Users] Ovirt 3.3.2. and vdsm 4.14

Federico Alberto Sayd fsayd at uncu.edu.ar
Wed Jan 22 17:32:19 UTC 2014

Hello:

Why Ovirt 3.3.2. installs vdsm 4.14 on Centos 6.5??

I am installing 5 nodes with Centos 6.5.

I have installed two nodes, I have added:

1 - epel repo
(http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/6/i386/epel-release-6-8.noarch.rpm)

2 - ovirt repo (http://ovirt.org/releases/ovirt-release-el.noarch.rpm)

In the two first nodes Ovirt engine installed vdsm 4.13.

Now I have installed the third node with the same repos and Ovirt
installs vdsm 4.14 and when it tries to activate the node complains
about the vdsm version, it says that vdsm version is not compatible:

Host "my-third-node" is installed with VDSM version (4.14) and cannot
join cluster Cluster-XXX which is compatible with VDSM versions [4.13,
4.9, 4.11, 4.12, 4.10].

/etc/yum.repos.d in the trhee nodes are the same:

CentOS-Base.repo  CentOS-Debuginfo.repo  CentOS-Media.repo
CentOS-Vault.repo  el6-ovirt.repo  epel.repo  epel-testing.repo
glusterfs-epel.repo

Why the difference? It is not suppossed that oVirt 3.3.2 should install
vdsm 3.13 ??

Thanks,

Federico