[Users] fencing: HP ilo100 status does NMI, reboots computer

Joop jvdwege at xs4all.nl
Wed Jan 22 19:44:42 UTC 2014

Ted Miller wrote:
> I am having trouble getting fencing to work on my HP DL180 g6
> servers.  They have ilo100 controllers.  The documentation mentions
> ipmi compliance, but there are problems.
>
> The ipmilan driver gets a response, but it is the wrong response.  A
> status request results in the NMI line being asserted, which (in
> standard PC architecture) is the same as pressing the reset button
> (which these servers don't have).
Thats weird. I have 2 ML110 G6 desktop servers, as storage servers, and
those have ilo100 controllers too and I just checked and they are setup
as ipmilan in engine.
I have used the Test button more than once and never had problems. My
Summary page says:
*IPMI Version:* 	2.0
*Firmware Version:* 	4.23
*Hardware Version:* 	1.0
*System GUID:* 	33221100-5544-7766-8899-AABBCCDDEEFF

Mayb that helps you to track down the problem. If you have got question,
please ask.

Joop