[Users] Centos 6.5 and bonding: "A slave interface is not properly configured"

Assaf Muller amuller at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 13:38:59 UTC 2014

Hi Karli,

Normally we configure the host's default gateway on the ovirtmgmt network.

If your engine is in the same subnet as all of your hosts, then it's not to define
a getway on the ovirtmgmt network.

>From 3.3, you can define gateways on the other networks. These will be used via
source routing. For example, if you set a gateway on the display network, but leave
the gateway blank for the ovirtmgmt network, then you'll see that 'ip route' won't
list a default gateway. However, we configure source routing so that all traffic
coming in to the display network on the host, will be returned via that network's
gateway.

You can view source routing rules via:
ip rule

Then ip route show table %s, for each table listed in ip rule.

Assaf Muller, Cloud Networking Engineer
Red Hat