[Users] Can not change "Defined Memory" in VM in Ovirt 3.3.3

Madhav V Diwan mdiwan at diwanconsulting.com
Thu Jan 23 14:32:37 UTC 2014

Hi

 I have been going though trying to find a way to increase the memory in a
 already created VM

So far all I see in the webadmin portal is a place to edit the "Physical Memory Guaranteed"
in the VM definition.

 But changing this does not affect in any way the amount of memory the VM actually sees
and does not change the "Defined Memory" value  in the VM details tab
after shutdown and start of the VM

there is no change even after full ovirt-engine restarts

The guest OS is windows 2008r2
and yes Ovirt guest  is installed

I have even tried adding a custom userdefine  of memory  , which did not work.

I can see where you add/change the number of CPUs/Sockets to a existing VM, But changing the "physical memeory guarantee seems to do .. nothing

Where/how  do you change the "Defined Memory"  after a VM is created?