[Users] [vdsm] ovirtmgmt vanishes after reboot

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 19:32:14 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 05:12:17PM +0100, Fabian Deutsch wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 23.01.2014, 12:34 -0300 schrieb Francisco Pérez:
> >  Hi. I have configured an ovirt-engine to manage an ovirt node
> > succesfully. I have created VM and all runs well but im trying to do
> > some escenario testing and i have found an issue.
> >

> >  If somehow the ovirt node is rebooted(Power failure, crash, manual
> > reboot, etc) when its comes up it does not start the ovirtmgmt
> > network. Even if in the ovirt-engine you save network configuration or
> > if you execute persist
> > on /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-ovirtmgmt. It tells you it's
> > already been added to the configuration.
> >

> >  Is this normal behavior after ovirt node's is rebooted? Am i doing
> > something wrong?
>
> Hey Francisco,
>
> that sounds like a bug.
> VDSM Devs, how can we debug why the network is not brought up?

Could you share vdsm.log and supervdsm.log? When you set up ovirtmgmt,
as setupNetworks command should be visible there. Later, on "save", a
call to setSafeNetworkConfig is sent, which is expected to persist your
network configuration.

Is it visible? Is it successful?

What do you see in the logs post boot? Can you tell whether
the vdsm-restore-net-config.init server was run? (its job is to revert
unsaved network config changes on non-ovirt-nodes).