[Users] Spice-proxy questions

David Li david_li at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 23 20:05:00 UTC 2014

Hi,

It looks like my only option to get a console is using spice-proxy as in http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Spice_Proxy

However I am not sure how to make it work. I have installed all three required packages on the engine (3.3.2). And my engine-config shows:

[root at xyz ~]# engine-config -a | grep Spice
EnableSpiceRootCertificateValidation: true version: general
SpiceReleaseCursorKeys: shift+f12 version: general
SpiceSecureChannels: smain,sinputs version: 3.0
SpiceSecureChannels: smain,sinputs,scursor,splayback,srecord,sdisplay,susbredir,ssmartcard version: 3.1
SpiceSecureChannels: smain,sinputs,scursor,splayback,srecord,sdisplay,susbredir,ssmartcard version: 3.2
SpiceSecureChannels: smain,sinputs,scursor,splayback,srecord,sdisplay,susbredir,ssmartcard version: 3.3
SpiceToggleFullScreenKeys: shift+f11 version: general
SpiceUsbAutoShare: true version: general
SpiceProxyDefault:  version: general
ClientModeSpiceDefault: Auto version: general

The problem is that on my web portal, I don't see any "Enable SPICE Proxy" box that I can check.

Anyone knows why?

Thanks.

David