[Users] Spice-proxy questions

David Jaša djasa at redhat.com
Fri Jan 24 17:45:40 UTC 2014

On Pá, 2014-01-24 at 09:39 -0800, David Li wrote:
> David,
>
> With SpiceProxy, should I point my admin portal browser to http://proxy_ip_or_fqdn:port? Does it matter which port number to use?

Both FQDN/IP and port do matter. You have to set them so they point to a
running http proxy server instance (e.g. squid). Engine won't set up a
spice-capable http proxy for you, you have to take care of it yoursef.

What engine can do for you is to configure websocket proxy that allows
connections by html5 client (the one that runs entirely in browser).

David