[Users] Hosted-engine runtime issues (3.4 BETA)

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Sat Jan 25 13:43:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

finally I've got the new hosted-engine feature running on
RHEL6 using oVirt 3.4 BETA/nightly. I've come across a few
issues and wanted to clarify if this is the desired
behaviour:

1.) hosted-engine storage domain not visible in GUI
The NFS-Storage I've used to install the hosted-engine
is not visible in oVirt's Admin Portal. Though it is mounted
on my oVirt Node below /rhev/data-center/mnt/. I tried to
import this storage domain, but apparently this fails because
it's already mounted.
Is there any way to make this storage domain visible?

2.) hosted-engine VM device are not visible in GUI
The disk and network devices are not visible in the
admin portal. Thus I'm unable to change anything.
Is this intended? If so, how am I supposed to make changes?

3.) move hosted-engine VM to a different storage
Because of all of the above I seem to be unable to move
my hosted-engine VM to a different NFS-Storage. How can
this be done?

Thanks
- Frank