[Users] engine reports and dwh setup in 3.3.2

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 15:59:32 UTC 2014

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 4:29 PM, Yaniv Dary wrote:

> [...]
[snip]
>> Ok, digging into /bin/ovirt-engine-reports-setup I see that actually
>> the password is written in clear text inside file
>> /usr/share/ovirt-engine-reports/reports/users/ovirt-002dadmin.xml
>
> This was only due to setup failing in the middle, this is improved in 3.4 and you won't see that anymore.
>

>> Not a great security choice, also because the file is currently
>> readable by everyone on the system (and "rpm -qVv" doesn't complain
>> about its permissions).
>> I was then able to connect to reports portal and to see some output
>> reports...
>>
>> Gianluca

Ok. see also my NOTES from the previous e-mail about possible improvements:
Thanks
Gianluca

"

NOTES:
- keep an eye about ovirt-engine not restarted after reports setup
error, not a good thing IMHO

- in patched file I see some lines above "logging.debug("Imporing
users")" without the "t"
So when it happens to further modify the file you can put this type fix too...

- in main reports page if you click on "Need help logging in?" link,
the pop-up says "rhevm-admin" instead of what setup specified as
"ovirt-admin" (none of these logins works:
(Please choose a password for the reports admin user(s) (ovirt-admin): )

"