[Users] Hosted-engine runtime issues (3.4 BETA)

Frank Wall fw at moov.de
Sun Jan 26 17:10:37 UTC 2014

Hi Itamar,

On Sun, Jan 26, 2014 at 06:21:03PM +0200, Itamar Heim wrote:
> > OK, I'll give this a try. Just to be sure: If I move the
> > hosted-engine VM to a different storage domain from the
> > command line, will this storage domain still be visible
> > from the webadmin? Or will it be hidden, because it runs
> > the hosted-engine?
>
> oh - do *not* move it to a storage domain managed by the engine at this
> point.

oh that was close! I've almost started the migration.
Would it be safe to just move the hosted-engine VM to
another host (without changing the storage domain)?

I thought of copying all files in /etc/ovirt-hosted-engine*
to a second ovirt node and starting the VM there... any objections?

Anyway, I'm here to test new things once the issues I've
mentioned in this thread have been addressed.

Thanks
- Frank