[Users] changing hostname in ovirt

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Mon Jan 27 10:42:51 UTC 2014

Hi,

maybe I should write an RFE BZ for this
but there might be a technical limitation, I don't know.

What I want:

I have a Host in ovirt which is in status "down" and/or
"maintenance".

I want to change the hostname/ip ovirt uses to connect to
this host.

2. RFEs:

1. This is not possible via webadmin, the address field
is grayed out (there seem to be conflicting design patterns
for the webadmin, other buttons which don't work don't get
grayed out for some reason, instead they throw errors..)

2. make it possible to change the hostname/ip via API

from what I've seen so far I have to hack the database
to make this change happen in 3.3.2

Is there any technical reason why this is not possible?
ovirt should be happy with the UUIDs for the host and
should not bother about the hostname.

Is there a way to alter the hostname/ip which I don't know?

Could someone point me to the right table and how to alter it
without breaking it?

Thank you!

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen