[Users] two node ovirt cluster with HA

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Mon Jan 27 12:50:49 UTC 2014

Hi,

I think he was asking what if the power management device reported that the
host was powered off. Then VMs should be brought back up as being off would
essentially be the same as running a power cycle/reboot?

Another example I'm seeing is what happens if the whole host loses power
and it's power management device then becomes unavailable (ie. not
reachable) then you're stuck in the case where it requires manual
intervention.

I would be interested to potentially see something like a timeout on those
problematic VMs (eg. if nothing was read or write after x amount of time)
then you could consider the host as offline? I guess then that adds a lot
of risk..