[Users] oVirt 3.4 test day - Template Versions

Federico Simoncelli fsimonce at redhat.com
Mon Jan 27 15:12:38 UTC 2014

Feature tested:

http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Template_Versions

- create a new vm vm1 and make a template template1 from it
- create a new vm vm2 based on template1 and make some changes
- upgrade to 3.4
- create a new template template1.1 from vm2
- create a new vm vm3 from template1 (clone) - content ok
- create a new vm vm4 from template1.1 (thin) - content ok
- create a new vm vm5 from template1 last (thin) - content ok (same as 1.1)
- try to remove template1 (failed as template1.1 is still present)
- try to remove template1.1 (failed as vm5 is still present)
- create a new vm vm6 and make a template blank1.1 as new version of the
  blank template (succeeded)
- create a vm pool vmpool1 with the "latest" template from template1
- create a vm pool vmpool2 with the "template1.1" (last) template from template1
- start vmpool1 and vmpool2 and verify that the content is the same
- create a new template template1.2
- start vmpool1 and verify that the content is the same as latest (template1.2)
- start vmpool2 and verify that the content is the same as template1.1

Suggestions:

- the template blank is special, I am not sure if allowing versioning may
  be confusing (for example is not even editable)
- as far as I can see the "Sub Version Name" is not editable anymore (after
  picking it)

--
Federico