[Users] [vdsm] ovirtmgmt vanishes after reboot

Francisco Pérez fperez.x at gmail.com
Tue Jan 28 14:27:21 UTC 2014

 Im setting up two networks. ovirtmgmt and a LAN. Both of them are gone
after reboot on the node, its starts only with eth0 initial configuration.

Antoni, here are the outputs you requested:

[root at ovirth1 ~]# /etc/init.d/vdsmd status
VDS daemon server is running
[root at ovirth1 ~]# service vdsmd status
VDS daemon server is running
[root at ovirth1 ~]# virsh -r net-list
setlocale: No such file or directory
Name                 State      Autostart     Persistent
;vdsmdummy;          active     no            no

[root at ovirth1 ~]# ls /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
ifcfg-eth0   ifdown-eth   ifdown-post    ifdown-tunnel  ifup-eth
ifup-plip   ifup-routes    init.ipv6-global        route-LAN
ifcfg-lo     ifdown-ippp  ifdown-ppp     ifup           ifup-ippp
 ifup-plusb  ifup-sit       net.hotplug             route-ovirtmgmt
ifdown       ifdown-ipv6  ifdown-routes  ifup-aliases   ifup-ipv6
 ifup-post   ifup-tunnel    network-functions       rule-LAN
ifdown-bnep  ifdown-isdn  ifdown-sit     ifup-bnep      ifup-isdn  ifup-ppp
   ifup-wireless  network-functions-ipv6  rule-ovirtmgmt

Dan those command are excecuted where? on the manager or the node? Im new
at this and the logs are a little overwhelming so if you help me to
interpret them i'll apreciate them. I have attached the whole log directory
/var/log/vdsm/

Regards