[Users] Error: "The following Network Interfaces were specified more than once:"

Alan Murrell lists at murrell.ca
Wed Jan 29 08:27:21 UTC 2014

I have noticed what seems to me to be a quirk, but wanted to see if
this is correct behaviour, or perhaps my configuration.

I am running a test install ov oVirt 3.3.2 in an all-in-one install.
My test box only has one physical NIC, so I am using that for
management/external network access, and I have create a dummy
interface called "dummy_0" to be used for the VMs.

I created four networks, each assigned their own VLAN (I am wanted to
simulate a "real-world"  .  I added the first network ("VLAN001") to
"dummy_0" with no problem (I was able to save the configuration).  The
system created the "dummy_0.1".

When I tried to add another network ("VLAN002") to "dummy_0" and save
it, I got the following error:

--- START ---
Error while executing action:

local_host:

     Cannot setup Networks. The following Network Interfaces were
specified more than once: dummy_0.1.
--- END ---

I found that in the "Setup Host Network" if I dragged "VLAN001" off
dummy_0 to the right under "Required", and left "VLAN002" on
"dummy_0", I could save it, and "VLAN001" appeared to remain active on
the host.  Indeed, when I went back into "Setup Host Network", both
"VLAN001" and "VLAN002" were showing up on "dummy_0".

However, if I highlight "VLAN002" under "Networks" and click on the
"Hosts" tab, the "Network Interface" is showing a red down arrow,
indicating it is not up.  The "Network Interface" for "VLAN001" is a
green up arrow.  I have refreshed several times and at this point in
time, have left it for almost thirty minutes, but it remains as a red
down arrow.  The same is true for the other two networks I tried
adding: I was able to add them as above, but they are also showing a
red down arrow.

My questions:

   1.) Is doing what I had to do to add additional networks to an
interface normal, or is it a quirk of using a dummy interface?
   2.) Any ideas why my additional networks are showing a red down
arrow?  Again, maybe a quirk of using a dummy interface?

I am going to leave it overnight and see what happens (maybe some
background process needs to run??), but if that does not work, I am
sure I can scrounge up another NIC in the next couple of days and
install it into my test server to see if it does the same thing.

Thanks, in advance.

-Alan