[Users] Notes on setting up spice-proxy console option

Marian Krcmarik mkrcmari at redhat.com
Wed Jan 29 13:51:53 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

It should work, You mentioned you used RHEL/CentOS 6.5 as the client (what you call Browser) machine, In that case Can you edit /etc/spice/logger.ini file and change in the line "log4j.rootCategory=INFO, R" INFO to DEBUG? Restart Firefox, make connection to the VM and check ~/.spicec/spice-xpi.log file for line "DEBUG nsPluginInstance::SetHotKeys: release-cursor=shift+f12,toggle-fullscreen=shift+f11" (looking for value of "release-cursor"). If the value is not shift+f12, can you check value of "SpiceReleaseCursorKeys" on the engine with using ovirt-config tool? If the value is shift-f12, can you run on the VM, xev tool and check what keys It can see pressed when pressing shift-f12 combo?