[Users] Extremely poor disk access speeds in Windows guest

Alan Murrell alan at murrell.ca
Wed Jan 29 18:22:22 UTC 2014

I notced updates on a Win7 VM I ceated previously were *really* slow,
but when I logged in to it remotely for daily use, it seemed pretty
snappy.  I did not do any significant data transfers, however.  I had
the same latest virtio-win drivers installed, and in oVirt, the disk
was of type VIRTIO (and not VIRTIO-SCSI).

For other reasons, I have rebuilt my test host, and am going to be
installing a new Windows 7 VM.  Is there anything I can do in this
process to provide more data and help with this troubleshooting?

-Alan