[Users] ovirt-3.3.3 release postponed due to blockers

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Jan 30 09:20:21 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 08:52:36AM +0000, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> any news regarding my questions?
>
> Am 29.01.2014 09:23, schrieb Sandro Bonazzola:
> > Il 29/01/2014 09:21, Sven Kieske ha scritto:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I wanted to try it the other way around, installing vdsm-python-cpopen
> >> and check if it runs without python-cpopen .
> >>
> >> But that leads me to a question:
> >>
> >> Is there any difference between these packages beside their different
> >> name?
> >>
> >> If yes, what is the difference and which package should be installed?
> >> I no, why is there a packet vdsm-python-cpopen ?
> >
> > CCing VDSM

python-cpopen includes some improvements and bug fixes, that are going
to be needed in ovirt-3.4. vdsm-python-cpopen is shipped by ovirt-3.3.

python-cpopen wast intended to deprecate and replace vdsm-python-cpopen,
but we have had way too many issues trying to do that properly in
rpm/yum. Most of the bugs are ours, at least one is yum's.

At the moment, the existence of python-cpopen in Fedora confuses `yum
install vdsm`.

To avoid this unfortunate delay, we can either include python-cpopen in
ovirt-stable or exclude vdsm-python-cpopen from there. Both options are
unfavorable, but so is continuing to wait.

Regards,
Dan.