[Users] ovirt-3.3.3 release postponed due to blockers

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Thu Jan 30 09:37:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

thanks for your reply.

So for a stable 3.3. deployment vdsm-python-cpopen would suffice
but when I want to upgrade to 3.4. I'll need python-cpopen anyway.

I guess you got some version/deprecation problems in rpm/yum to properly
replace vdsm-p-c with p-c.

To be a little bit more precise:

I want to know, which option should I chose if I want to deploy a 3.3.2
stable today, with the ability to upgrade to 3.4 somewhere in time:

a) install python-cpopen
b) install vdsm-python-cpopen

and which downside each option has regarding upgrades, and if the
different bugs in the different upgradepaths will get resolved until
3.4 release.

I think this should lead, in the end, to a stable 3.4 with python-cpopen
installed instead of vdsm-python-cpopen.

The question is, again, if you would advice to install python-cpopen or
vdsm-python-cpopen on 3.3.2 when you take into account the different
upgrade bugs and if they get resolved until 3.4 release, assuming
that for the 3.3. installation there is no difference if you install
python-cpopen or vdsm-python-cpopen.

Thank you.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen