[Users] Host x is installed with VDSM version (<UNKNOWN>)

Matt Warren mwarren at hnw.com
Fri Jan 31 04:43:18 UTC 2014

Hello ovirt users. New to ovirt and having troubles.

Trying to setup a dedicated ovirt engine host and use a separate, exiting CentOS 6.5 host to run some guests as a node.

When I tried to add the host, it recognizes it but throws errors of:

  Host x is installed with VDSM version (<UNKNOWN>) and cannot join cluster Default which is compatible with VDSM versions [4.13, 4.9, 4.11, 4.12, 4.10].

In reading some google searches, suggestion was to first run "vdsClient -s 0 getVdsCaps". This returns "Failed to initialize storage" for any vdsClient command.

I'm looking to run this host with it's local storage. I've tried to add a local storage path on the host via ovirt of "/data/images" but it seems to have no effect.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt