[Users] ovirt-3.3.3 release postponed due to blockers

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Jan 31 10:17:44 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 09:36:48AM +0100, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> Il 30/01/2014 22:38, Robert Story ha scritto:
> > Can we revert these packages to previous versions in the 3.3.2 stable repo
> > so those of us who want/need to install new hosts in our clusters aren't
> > dead in the water waiting for 3.3.3?
>
> Hi Robert, I think you can still install 3.3.2 on your clusters with the requirement of adding
> manually oython-cpopen before trying to install vdsm.
>
> About 3.3.3, I think vdsm should really drop dependency on vdsm-python-cpopen:
> it's a package obsoleted by python-cpopen so there's no point in still requiring it especially if keeping that requirement still break dependency
> resolution.

I really wanted to avoid eliminating a subpackage during a micro
release. That's impolite and surprising.
But given the awkward yum bug, persistent dependency problems, and
the current release delay, I give up.

Let's eliminate vdsm-python-cpopen from ovirt-3.3 branch, and require
python-cpopen. Yaniv, Douglas: could you handle it?