[ovirt-users] Problem installing Ubuntu Guest Agent

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Wed Jul 2 14:35:03 UTC 2014

On 07/02/2014 04:31 PM, Bob Doolittle wrote:
> Thanks, that works a treat :)
>
> Will somebody be updating the wiki page?
>
> I'm still mystified by something though. I can't get copy/paste to
> work in/out of my guest console, and console performance (terminal
> scrolling) seems very sluggish.
>
> According to this page:
> http://www.ovirt.org/Understanding_Guest_Agents_and_Other_Tools#Linux_Guests
>

> I need the "Spice Agent". The table says Spice drivers should be
> pre-installed, if I understand it properly [1]. Is that sufficient, or
> is there an agent executable I must install as well [2]? My kernel is
> 3.13.0-30.
Yes you'll need the 'spice-vdagent' to be running for copy and pasting
and all those features.

> Thanks,
>     Bob
>
> [1] Row 2 and row 3 use different terminology ("Built in" vs "Yes").
> It's not clear if they mean the same thing. If they do, consistent
> terminology would clarify. If they don't, some extra description or
> links seem necessary to clarify.
Well it's about the availability. Yes means, it is available and Built
in means that it is already built-in and does not need any extra
installation.

--
Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com