[ovirt-users] Orphaned record in the engine DB prevents host removal

Oved Ourfali oourfali at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 17:45:08 UTC 2014

Is there a migration of this VM in progress? Did it migrate recently?
I suggest to attach the engine log here as well, if possible, for examination. Cc-ing some guys that might help but bare in mind that for some of them it is already weekend.

Oved

On Jul 4, 2014 6:07 PM, Federico Alberto Sayd <fsayd at uncu.edu.ar> wrote:

> Hello People:
>
> I am trying to remove a host from ovirt-engine but I have fouHello People:

I am trying to remove a host from ovirt-engine but I have found that a
orphaned record in the engine DB prevents the removal of the host.
The host is in maintenance mode, it doesn't have vm's running on it.
The engine logs says that there is a reference to the id of the host
(vds_id in the table vds_static) in the field "migrating_to_vds" in the
table "dynamic_vds". Obviously this is a orphaned record, but a
constraint in the table "dynamic_vds" prevents the removal of the host.
How can I solve this?
Someone that knows the internals of engine's DB that can confirm if I
can remove the problematic registry in order to remove the host??
Another solution?

I really need to remove this host. Please help and

Thanks!