[ovirt-users] Network setup

Dwight Schauer d.schauer at partner.samsung.com
Sat Jul 5 03:05:51 UTC 2014

Hello oVirt users,

I'm  running into network setup problems.

http://www.ovirt.org/Vdsm_Network

Shows this as a supported topology.

bridge1 --- v1 --- bond --- nic1
bridge2 --- v2 --/      \-- nic2

Problem is I have to configure at least this on each host in order to the connect to an activate:

v1 --- bond --- nic1
              \-- nic2

Which oVirt does not like because I already created the bond and attached a vlan interface to it.

So I configured this ahead of time (without vdsm)

bridge1 --- v1 --- bond --- nic1
bridge2 --- v2 --/      \-- nic2

Those work fine. I can use each bridge statically or with DHCP.

Problem is that oVirt refuses to use the bridge interfaces (they don't show up in the web gui), it only wants to use the bond interface.

If I was using libvirt/kvm-manager I would preconfigure this (without vdsm):

bridge1 --- v1 --- bond --- nic1
bridge2 --- v2 --/      \-- nic2

And I'm be able to run VMs  on other VLAN. (Which is what I want to achieve with oVirt).

Is there a way I can achieve what I need to do (connecting VMs to either VLAN) with one of my preconfigured setups without resorting to another nic (or bonded pair?)

--
Dwight