[ovirt-users] Live Migration / Snapshots- CentOS 6.5

Brad Bendy brad.bendy at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 05:03:57 UTC 2014

Hi,

Ive seeing conflicting info with what version of qemu rpms are needed
to do live migration under CentOS. It appears the stock ones will not
work and the RHEV ones are required. All the mailing list post I see
are from 3-4 months ago, so not sure.

Im getting VDSGenericException: VDSErrorException: Failed to
SnapshotVDS, error = Snapshot failed, code = 48 (Failed with error
SNAPSHOT_FAILED and code 48)

I also saw this thread:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.centos.general/138593

Ive been having issues getting those to install, but before I spent to
much more time I wanted to really see if I was on the right track.

Is there a better OS choice? I first started trying with Fedora 19 and
20 and has major issues, went to CentOS 6.5 and this is the first and
only issue so far ive ran into.

Thanks!