[ovirt-users] oVirt + gluster with host and hosted VM on different subnets

Simone Marchioni s.marchioni at lynx2000.it
Mon Jul 7 13:38:31 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to install oVirt 3.4 + gluster looking at the following guides:

http://community.redhat.com/blog/2014/05/ovirt-3-4-glusterized/
http://community.redhat.com/blog/2014/03/up-and-running-with-ovirt-3-4/

It went smooth until the hosted engine VM configuration: I can reach it
by VNC and the host IP, but I can't configure the VM network in a way it
works.
Probably the problem is the assumption that the three hosts (2 hosts +
the hosted engine) are on the same subnet sharing the same default gateway.

But my server is on OVH with the subnet 94.23.2.0/24 and my failover IPs
are on the subnet 46.105.224.236/30, and my hosted engine need to use
one IP of the last ones.

Anyone installed oVirt in such a configuration and can give me any tip?

Thanks
Simone