[ovirt-users] Vm console creation using noVNC

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 13:58:49 UTC 2014

On Jul 8, 2014, at 09:37 , Shanil S <xielesshanil at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am creating console using api, for this i created a ticket using the rest api and used the ticket value as password and i am able to connect it using these details using vnc client.
>
> I am planning to use the console from the browser using the novnc console ( http://kanaka.github.io/noVNC/ ) as like the same way which used in the ovirt panel. When i checked the novnc-main.html it is found that the ticket information details are passing in the encrypted format and passing the signature and salt and ticket details as an array, Could you please tell me how can i create these details in the encoded format and create a console using noVnc and rest api ?

Hi,
you'd have to do it the same way as the backend java code does that.
There's no special shortcut/API.

depending on what are you specifically doing, you may not even need to do that. If you bypass ovirt's websocket-proxy and e.g. connect to hosts directly (and run/setup websocket proxy "your own way") then you can also implement the security of client<->proxy in some other way.

Thanks,
michal