[ovirt-users] 64 bits oVirtGuestAgent.exe at 99% CPU

Michal Skrivanek michal.skrivanek at redhat.com
Tue Jul 8 15:11:31 UTC 2014

On Jul 8, 2014, at 15:30 , Angel Docampo <adocampo at dltec.net> wrote:

> I'm launching directly with kvm

so you're completely bypassing oVirt…it shouldn't cause too much harm with respect what you're seeing, but it's not going to work with SSO either…as the vdsm doesn't "know" about such a VM properly
If you need to modify something specific in the VM the hook mechanism is there to extend/modify the libvirt xml, and even if you need libvirt's unsupported features you can pass-through exact qemu flags...

Thanks,
michal

> El mar 08 jul 2014 15:14:44 CEST, Itamar Heim escribió:
>> On 07/08/2014 03:49 PM, Angel Docampo wrote:
>>> Hi Sven,
>>>
>>> Why I had to compile the agent was in order to get the dll
>>> OVirtCredProv.dll, as I just checked with the iso you linked me, it does
>>> not install.
>>>
>>> With that dll, I can single sign on from my application directly to
>>> the VDI.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I've just installed a clean windows 7 desktop, and installed
>>> ovirt-guest-tools, and configuring the serial-device on the VM, it gave
>>> me the same results. 100% CPU with one processor and 50% if I put two.
>>>
>>> This is my configuration, if anybody sees something wrong, please
>>> advice.
>>>
>>> args: -chardev
>>> socket,id=ovirtagent,path=/tmp/112.com.redhat.vdsm,server,nowait -device
>>> virtio-serial-pci,id=virtio-serial0,bus=pci.0,addr=0x7 -device