[ovirt-users] Network setup

Dwight Schauer d.schauer at partner.samsung.com
Tue Jul 8 16:43:24 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-07-07 at 06:40 +0000, Sven Kieske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the "solution" to your problem
> is, that you don't need to setup
> any "on top" networking at all, after basic
> setup, so: no bonds, no vlans.
>
> Just configure everything in ovirt, you
> can easily construct some bonded setup
> with v-lans on top, ovirt creates it all for you.

Yes, I've found that out doing some more playing around with it.
However, I can't connect to it initially without an existing minimal
setup, which requires me to have set up the bond and and at least one
vlan.

If I use an initial vlan tag that is not one that OVirt networks will
need to use, then I'm getting Ovirt to cooperate.

--
Dwight