[ovirt-users] RFE/Bug in engine-iso-uploader / image uploader with NFSv4 shares

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Wed Jul 9 16:56:58 UTC 2014

Hello,

can maybe someone confirm this before I head on to bugzilla for an RFE?

When using engine-iso / image uploader scrips in conjunction with NFSv4
iso domains on my F20 client, the upload fails with:

ERROR: mount.nfs: an incorrect mount option was specified

I might be hitting a Fedora bug; anyway:

Workaround:
Add 'nfsvers=3' mount option, changing line 42 in the (iso-uploader)
script:

NFS_MOUNT_OPTS = '-t nfs -o rw,sync,soft,nfsvers=3'

AFAIK this should always work, no matter what. Making the mount options
part of the appropriate /etc/ovirt-engine/*.conf files could be a
solution here.

Cheers,
--

Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767