[ovirt-users] 64 bits oVirtGuestAgent.exe at 99% CPU

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 06:56:55 UTC 2014

On 07/08/2014 09:15 AM, Angel Docampo wrote:
> I just realized that my 64bit machine has 1 CPU and my 32bit machine
> has two. If I set two processors to the 64bit machine,
> oVirtGuestAgent.exe process eats a 50% CPU, not 100%, exactly like the
> 32bit machine...
> So I think there is a problem in the implementation of the agent. As
> I'm not a developer myself, I cannot help to improve the agent.
> Can I reduce the amount of CPU consumed by the process doing
> something, like change the CPU virtualization (at the moment, is host
> emulation), or something else?

The most interesting information for me really would be what version of
Windows you're using exactly.
I have never seen the guest agent running on that high CPU so I would
need some more information.

It'd be great if you could enable debug logging and restart the service
(or VM) and get me the logs after it is spiking the CPU so much.

Thanks.