[ovirt-users] Disk's locked of VM

Vered Volansky vered at redhat.com
Thu Jul 10 08:42:17 UTC 2014

Hello Andy,

Thanks for your reply.
I think I understand what's going on there.
I think your running the VM in stateless mode, which means that what happened is exactly what should have happened.
When you run a VM in stateless mode, What's actually happening is that a snapshot is being taken and the VM runs on this snapshot. When the VM is rebooted the snapshot is deleted (with everything installed on it) and the VM goes back to the previous state (with the previous Active Image). This is the point of the Run stateless feature.
If you want the installations to persist, just run the VM, not statelessly.

Is it possible that this is what happened?
lease let me know if you need any further assistance.

Best Regards,
Vered