[ovirt-users] 64 bits oVirtGuestAgent.exe at 99% CPU

Angel Docampo adocampo at dltec.net
Thu Jul 10 13:24:36 UTC 2014

Of course, Vinzenz

The VM is a Windows 7 (I've tried both 32 and 64 bits, same result).
The C:\Windows\SysWOW64\rhev-agent log says:

Dummy-1::INFO::2014-07-10
14:35:57,417::OVirtGuestService::80::root::Starting OVirt Guest Agent
service

After look at the code, perhaps the problem may come on the run()
function in OvirtAgentLogic.py
def run(self):
        logging.debug("AgentLogicBase:: run() entered")
        thread.start_new_thread(self.doListen, ())
        thread.start_new_thread(self.doWork, ())
        # Yuck! It's seem that Python block all signals when executing
        # a "real" code. So there is no way just to sit and wait (with
        # no timeout).
        # Try breaking out from this code snippet:
        # $ python -c "import threading; threading.Event().wait()"
        while not self.wait_stop.isSet():
            self.wait_stop.wait(1)

Where this "while" is evaluating itself each second... besides the wait
function of the python module

By commenting  thread.start_new_thread(self.doWork, ()) the CPU has a
normal level when the service starts, but when we make a petition
through the host socket, the VM CPU goes to 100%.

Hope this helps, if you need any action from me, please tell me.

Regards,

--

*Angel Docampo
*