[ovirt-users] ovirt-shell

Sven Kieske S.Kieske at mittwald.de
Thu Jul 10 15:07:07 UTC 2014

Well there is no guide on the web which I'm aware of.
But to my experience, scripting the shell has it's limitations
you might want to try the python sdk, which is more useful
or if you need some webapp anyway use the rest api.
you could also script the rest api using e.g. curl
but I wouldn't recommend that.

there is documentation on this here:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.3/html/Developer_Guide/index.html

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Virtualization/3.3/html/Command_Line_Shell_Guide/index.html

you can basically substitute rhev with ovirt.

there still seems to be no updated dev guides for 3.4 though.

I have automated everything via REST, as I have php devs
who did the work ;)

There are still some things you can't do via rest, like
creating network qos entities (attaching them to a vm works
but you need to create them manually).

But in the future everything will use rest, so I guess this
is the best way to go.

HTH

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Regards

Sven Kieske

Systemadministrator
Mittwald CM Service GmbH & Co. KG
Königsberger Straße 6
32339 Espelkamp
T: +49-5772-293-100
F: +49-5772-293-333
https://www.mittwald.de
Geschäftsführer: Robert Meyer
St.Nr.: 331/5721/1033, USt-IdNr.: DE814773217, HRA 6640, AG Bad Oeynhausen
Komplementärin: Robert Meyer Verwaltungs GmbH, HRB 13260, AG Bad Oeynhausen