[ovirt-users] admin at internal login failure

Darcy Hodgson dnhodgson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 18:40:17 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Douglas Schilling Landgraf
<dougsland at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 07/11/2014 02:04 PM, Darcy Hodgson wrote:
>>
>> Hey Everyone,
>>
>> I am no longer able to log in with the internal admin account. I'm not
>> sure if this is related to me doing updates, or re-attaching the
>> engine to my ipa server.
>>
>> For both webpage login and the ovirt shell I get the following
>> messaged in the enging.log file.
>>
>> 2014-07-11 11:01:16,685 WARN
>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.LoginUserCommand] (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-8)
>> CanDoAction of action LoginUser failed.
>> Reasons:USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_TO_PERFORM_ACTION
>> 2014-07-11 11:01:16,687 INFO
>> [org.ovirt.engine.api.restapi.security.auth.LoginValidator]
>> (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-8) Login failure, user: admin domain: internal
>> reason: [USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_TO_PERFORM_ACTION]
>>
>> I tried to do a engine-cleanup/engine-setup but that didn't help. I
>> don't want to lose all the data as this environment has been running
>> for a while now.
>>
>> I then tried to remove the ipa domain and log in with the internal
>> admin user without success. Followed by re-adding my domain and adding
>> permissions to my ipa admin user which also did not work.
>>
>> If anyone knows how to correct this that would be very helpful.
>>

> Hi Darcy,
>
> I guess attaching upgrade and engine logs might help people to identify what
> happened. Anyway, have you tried:
>
> engine-config -s AdminPassword=interactive
> service ovirt-engine restart
>
> From:
> http://www.ovirt.org/Engine_config_examples#Changing_admin_user_password
>

> --
> Cheers
> Douglas

I did do that but I don't think it's an authentication problem. If I
put in the wrong password when trying to log in as the admin user I
get this error.

2014-07-11 14:25:19,674 INFO
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.LoginBaseCommand] (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-8)
Cant login user "admin" with authentication profile "internal" because
the authentication failed.
2014-07-11 14:25:19,675 WARN
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.LoginAdminUserCommand]
(ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-8) CanDoAction of action LoginAdminUser failed.
Reasons:USER_FAILED_TO_AUTHENTICATE

There isn't anything in the engine logs when I try to log in besides
the two lines I initially sent. I can't seem to find any upgrade logs,
where are they located?

Also when I re-attached the ipa domain and gave the admin user
permissions I get the same not authorized error.