[ovirt-users] remove a lost gluster based datacenter

Alexander Wels awels at redhat.com
Fri Jul 11 20:36:38 UTC 2014

On Friday, July 11, 2014 10:11:00 PM Demeter Tibor wrote:
> Hi,
> Somebody can me help?
>
> Tibor

Tibor,

This is not an officially supported solution, but I had a similar issue myself
at some point (virtual gluster hosts that I was silly enough to delete without
first stopping the volumes). Basically the status of the volumes is stored in
the gluster_volumes table, status column. If you manually update the status to
be 'DOWN' instead of 'UP' for the volumes that are giving you trouble. Then in
the UI they will be down as well. At which point you should be able to
properly remove them from the UI using the UI.

Once that is done you should be able to simply remove the offending hosts as
there are no longer any gluster volumes associated with it.

I am sure there is a much better way of doing this (maybe REST api?), but I
couldn't find it (I am not a gluster expert).

Alexander