[ovirt-users] admin at internal login failure

Darcy Hodgson dnhodgson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 14 14:40:11 UTC 2014

Just want to let everyone know I got this resolved. I'm not sure why
but for some reason there were two internal admin users. One without
any permissions.
I was able to create a new user in IPA and give that user superuser.
Then I was able to delete the admin user without any permissions. I
reset the admin password and restarted the engine and was able to log
in again.

-Darcy

On Mon, Jul 14, 2014 at 5:16 AM, Dafna Ron <dron at redhat.com> wrote:
> sorry :) answered wrong thread...
> however, there was bug posted on that as well..
> Adding meital since I think she might remember which bug it was.
>

> On 07/14/2014 10:13 AM, Dafna Ron wrote:
>>
>> the error you are looking for is in the vm log:
>>
>> kvm: unhandled exit 80000021
>> kvm_run returned -22
>>
>> this seems to have been fixed in the past (if you do a google search you
>> can find related bugs).
>> can you please make sure you are using the latest packages?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dafna
>>
>> On 07/11/2014 07:04 PM, Darcy Hodgson wrote:
>>>
>>> Hey Everyone,
>>>
>>> I am no longer able to log in with the internal admin account. I'm not
>>> sure if this is related to me doing updates, or re-attaching the
>>> engine to my ipa server.
>>>
>>> For both webpage login and the ovirt shell I get the following
>>> messaged in the enging.log file.
>>>
>>> 2014-07-11 11:01:16,685 WARN
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.LoginUserCommand] (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-8)
>>> CanDoAction of action LoginUser failed.
>>> Reasons:USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_TO_PERFORM_ACTION
>>> 2014-07-11 11:01:16,687 INFO
>>> [org.ovirt.engine.api.restapi.security.auth.LoginValidator]
>>> (ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-8) Login failure, user: admin domain: internal